Beautify Warranty Terms & Conditions
Policy Last Updated | 7th Jan 2020
Domu Brands Limited trading as Beautify (‘we/us/our’), provide a free of charge warranty on our products. This means that, in the event that your Product is found to be mechanically defective within the Warranty Period, we will arrange for it to be (at our discretion) repaired or replaced free of charge including all parts and labour, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
1.1 In order to redeem your 2 year product warranty you will need to provide us with your name and contact details, along with details of your Product, including the model number and date of your Order (“Relevant Information”). You will find all of this information on your Order Confirmation email. Please keep a copy of your Order Confirmation safe for future reference.
2. Remedies available to you
2.1 If your Product develops a mechanical defect during the Warranty Period, in order to make a claim under this warranty you will need to contact us within 30 days of you becoming aware of the relevant defect and, at the same time, provide us with the Relevant Information. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may invalidate any such warranty claim.
2.2 Once we have verified that your warranty is valid, we will provide you with information about how to return the Product to our warehouse for inspection/testing, the cost of which is initially covered by DOMU Brands Limited (Company No.7047520). In order to take advantage of your rights under this policy, you must contact us to obtain a return authorisation number, and then send the products to us in their original packaging, along with a covering note quoting the authorisation number and a copy of your original order confirmation.
2.3 If, once we have inspected/tested the Product, we consider that (in our sole opinion) the warranty claim is substantiated based on these terms and conditions, we will either (at our discretion):
2.3.1 repair or replace the defective Product (or part thereof); or
2.3.2 where such Product (or part thereof) is no longer available, provide such alternative product (or part thereof) as shall have an equivalent functionality to the defective Product (or part thereof); or
2.3.3 If no equivalent product is available, we will refund to you a fair and reasonable amount which shall not exceed the amount paid or payable by you in respect of the Product. We reserve the right to deduct an appropriate amount from the value of the Product in respect of the period of use already enjoyed.
2.4 in the event that we discover your product is not defective, you will be responsible for the
cost of transportation of the Product to and from our warehouse, billed at the cost that we have incurred. We will not in any circumstances be responsible for the cost of transportation of any Product (either to or from our warehouse) which we do not consider to be subject to a valid warranty claim.
2.5 All replaced spare parts and Products, which are not returned to you, shall become the property of DOMU Brands Limited (Company No.7047520)
2.6 If any Products are repaired or replaced under this warranty, the warranty cover will remain in force for the then unexpired proportion of the original Warranty Period (i.e. from the original Date of dispatch) and the warranty will not re-start from the date of repair or replacement.
2.7 For the avoidance of doubt, the above remedies shall be your sole remedies hereunder or otherwise, save that any consumer statutory rights available to you in these terms and conditions.
3.What’s not included?
The following indicative list of circumstances shall not be covered by our warranty. The following list is not intended to be exhaustive and the warranty is only offered within the scope defined in this document.
- Damage caused by external factors such as fire, theft, and weather (including lightning damage);
- Incorrect, careless or inappropriate handling or installation of the Product; use of the Product in any circumstances of service other than for which the Product was designed; accidental damage; neglect; failure to properly maintain the Product or the unauthorised repair of the Product; any other failure to follow the Product manufacturer’s instructions; fair wear and tear; acts of vandalism or deliberate damage.
- Consumables such as batteries, fuses, light bulbs etc;
- Use of the Product commercially or for business purposes;
- Cosmetic damage or deterioration to the Product of whatever nature, such as scratches, dents, corrosion or changes in colour, where the function of the Product is unaffected;
- Inadequate or inappropriate packaging of the Product when returning it to our warehouse;
- The Excluded Products; only products advertised with extended warranty and are sold by retailers verified by DOMU Brands Ltd are eligible for extended warranty. All other products are excluded;
- Any Products which are supplied for use outside of the United Kingdom;
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the Product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original Product.
4.Our liability for any loss or damage suffered by you
- 4.1 If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall be responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our failure to comply with these terms and condition or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- 4.2 We only supply the Products and warranty services described in this document for domestic and private use. Subject to clause 4.3, if you use the Products or the warranty services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you whatsoever for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 4.3 Nothing in this warranty shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for fraud or for any other matter in respect of which liability cannot be limited or excluded by operation of law.
5.1 You agree to provide to us with such assistance as may be reasonably needed to carry out a warranty assessment or Product repair/replacement. Failure by you to provide such assistance may invalidate the warranty.
5.2 We undertake to complete any Product repair/replacement in respect of a valid warranty claim as soon as reasonably practicable and, in any case, within 60 days of receipt of your returned Product, but we shall not be obliged to do so outside of normal working hours (9am – 5pm) or on weekends / bank holidays.
5.3 This warranty is subject to (English law) and the (courts of England and Wales) shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any matters arising out of or in connection with these warranty terms and conditions. This does not affect any consumer statutory rights that you may have for the purposes of this warranty.
The following phases shall have the following meanings in the warranty document:
“Date of Dispatch” means the date of dispatch of the Product to you, as confirmed to you in an email from us or the relevant third party retailer;
“Excluded Products” means the limited number of excluded products which we are, unfortunately, unable to offer the warranty protection in respect of, which will be stated on the packaging of the applicable product(s) on receipt.
“Order” means your online order for the Product;
“Order Confirmation” means the electronic confirmation of your Order, which will be sent to you by email on receipt of your Order by us or the relevant third party retailer;
“Product” means the specific product identified in the Order Confirmation respect of which we offer the warranty protection as specified in this document, with the exception of the Excluded Products;
“Relevant Information” means the information specified in clause 1.1;
“Warranty Period” means a period of 2 years from the Date of Dispatch, except in cases where it means a period of 5 years from the Date of Dispatch as expressly stated on the Product description.
“we”, “us” or “our” means DOMU Brands Limited (trading as Beautify) a company registered in England and Wales (company number: 7047520) with its registered address at Floors 4 & 5, The Tower Deva City Office Park, Trinity Way, Salford, M3 7BF; and
“you” shall mean the person who is identified as purchasing the Product in the Order Confirmation.